And then an email. The CEO at work had obviously been making quiet enquiries at board level. Not only will they advance me the initial deposit, but they will also fund the balance of that deposit. That still leaves around £1800 to find, but it's a flying start. It was getting off of the blocks that was proving the challenge, and that obstacle may suddenly have been removed.
There is more to consider, of course. I now need to wait and hear back from the pilot I have been communicating with. But if there are still any slots, it will mean that I can get something booked and in the calendar, and from then I can start to work on sponsorship from a point of view that something IS happening, not that I just HOPE it will happen.
More to follow soon.... Very exciting news! :0)