Now that the date window for my swim is so close, it's possible to start looking at the weather forecasts for next week.
The prediction is not good at this stage.
Though the Channel is renowned for having its own micro-climate, and is famous for unpredictable changes, at this stage a force 5 (or stronger) wind is due to hover over that stretch of water for the next week.
With a factor such as this, so much out of my control, all I can do is sit, wait, and hope things will change. This has always been one of my biggest worries. No swimmers have gone out this week. And if this wind keeps up, none will be likely to go out next week either. Including me.
What happened to this elongated jet stream that was supposed to be bringing us record-breaking hot weather?
One time soldier, part-time author, full-time training manager, husband and father.